Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week #69 - December 22nd, 2015

Sister Vasi & Sister Sughroue
Merry Christmas Family and Friends! 
Sister Weidmann &
Sister Sugarhouse

       
      Its snowing again!!! Looks like we are going to have a white Christmas! This week was crazy busy, we got no sleep as we had to wake up early for meetings everyday and are on a late christmas schedule, but its okay, some how the Lord gives me just enough energy to get through the day. If it typed about everything that happened this week and all that i learned, which is alot, my study jounral is full.. it would be way to long... hahah. We had transfers and I love my new companion!!! Sister Weidmann from switzerland, so now I have an excuse to go travel there some day! yayyy! So lets see, we had a meeting with the missionary department on our new ipad areabooks, Michael Wilcox, Elder Lynn G. Robbins of the Seventy, Beehive house training by Emily Utt the churchs main historian, Mission Leadership Council, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. I can't forget Elder Rasband coming to speak to us at church on sunday, we got there early got to shake his hand and chat for a little bit. He is the most down to earth, genuine man, he took the time to greet every person individually and gave an amazing message. He spoke on being a cheerful giver, serving with our whole heart. He bore his witness that this is Christ church and said, "The leaders of the church are no stranger to his voice." I know that's true. The spirit testified he is called of God as he spoke. 

    As a missionary you feel like you are on an emotional roller coaster.... the people you work with and teach take you with
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Christmas Concert
them...  This week was full of that. When the people you love are happy, your happy, when they are hurt you are hurt. As a missionary you get a small glimpse of how our father in Heaven feels for his children. It makes me so sad to see how hard peoples lives are because they stopped doing the small and simple things in the gospel. I wish i could just fix everything for them, I would if I could, but they have their agency. Satan tries to fill our minds with doubt. Its normal to have questions, I mean all revelation starts with a question. We should seek, and diligently pray, remember however sometimes we may not understand all things, for if we did... whats the point of faith. "Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith" On my mission I have never felt so much heart ache for others, but with that comes an overwhelming love for others as well. Its amazing. 
    This Christmas take 5 minutes and reflect the birth of our Savior and how he has changed my life. I know my Savior lives, and knows me and all of you. He loves us. His atonement is infinite and we are so blessed that through it we can change, have second chances and become happy. It is only through him we can have joy in our lives, be reunited with our families and reach our divine potential. He gave us all we have. What do we give him? What a wonderful time of the year
SLC Planetarium

to enjoy his spirit and celebrate his birth!
I love you all!!!!
Can't wait to skype this christmas!
Love, 
Sister Sughroue

SLC Planetarium
Sister Sughroue & Sister Vasi
SLC Planetarium

No comments:

Post a Comment