Friday, November 6, 2015

Week #62 - November 6th, 2015

Hello!

 
Sister Skaggs & Sister Sughroue
representing Temecula Valley!
I hope everyone had a fun Halloween! The Temple Square Mission probably had the best. We all ate dinner in the Church office building catered by Olive Garden yummmmm. Then did a session at the Temple. It was such a special experience to be there with 200 sister missionaries. It also felt like a family reunion at Temple Square this weekend! haha I ended up seeing Uncle Daniel's family and Aunt Dana's! It was awesome, I love seeing my little cousins, hoping that my example will make an impact on them deciding to serve a mission! 
    I have really seen the power of the scriptures in our work this week. We have had a few experiences on the square, where what we shared touched the hearts of the people, some were members struggling and others just guest. We were sitting at the Christus with a member who was struggling, after finding out about her situation, I thought I had the perfect scripture to share with her so I opened to it, but right as I was about to ask her to read it, I had an impression to turn to a different scripture, so followed that prompting..... She read the scripture and started to cry. She said, "That is exactly what I needed, you have been answer to my prayers today." I am so grateful the holy ghost prompted me to change direction, and that I listened. Studying the scriptures is a way that God answers our prayers and gives us revelation. 
   
Sister Rodriquez &
Sister Sughroue
This is my last week with Sister Rodriguez, transfers are on wednesday. I am sad! I love her so much.... she makes the best empanadas! We have seen miracles, and have come so close. It is amazing to see how God is so aware of all us, my companions have each helped me become more like the Savior and I am so grateful for that. President Poulsen met with me today and asked me to be a Zone Leader. I am humbled and excited for this oppurtunity to serve the sisters, learn and grow. Should be great! Monday morning we find out new companions. 
     Soooo lately Sisters have been getting scared in the beehive house at night. They say they hear noises and people, when no one is there... idk if that is true, odds are its sisters just freaking out over nothing. So we thought we would have some fun and play along. hehehe. Sister Smith came out with me  from the MTC and is probably one of the funniest people I know. So we went through the back door and quietly snuck through the house. Slammed a few doors and ran out to the back as fast as we could to watch them freak out through the window. hahahahaha. They still don't know it was us. They told security and the other sisters how scary it was, lolz. This stays between this email circle of trust. hahaha.  


Anwyays because transfers Idk when my next pday is, may not have one next week! 

Much love, 

Sister Sughroue
Sister Rod & Sister Sugh do NOT like the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment