Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Week #80 - March 9th, 2015 -- NO COFFEE, NO SUGAR

Hello!!!! 

Sister Sughroue, Sister Haight & Sister Weidman
      As the weather warms up on Temple Square, the flowers and the Antis seem to be coming out more andmore. They come in field trips, its super funny... hahaha. Well our week was great, besides the fact we are on a sugar fast now. I'll explain, we had a lesson with a less active member we have been working with for a while, hes come along great but this time we talked about giving up coffee to live in accordance with the word of wisdom. He seemed a little frustrated by the end, and said, "Fine I'll stop drinking Coffee if you stop eating sugar!!!!" My eyes got real big and before I could say anything Sister Haight agreed for all of us! So thats the deal, their is power in fasting and prayer so I know God is helping both of us! But now it seems like there are more desserts being offered to us than ever before, but its nice getting stronger will power! hahah

Sister Vasi, Sister Sughroue,
Micah & Janna.
Sister Vasi and I ate Dinner at Micah and Janna's last night, to say goodbye! Not really Good bye though because we will be at their sealing in a year! (: I love them so much, talking with Micah strengthens my testimony so much. He is truly converted. Whenever I have a question about the scriptures or anything he is the person to ask! Its been such a blessing to be a small part of his journey to find the Gospel in its fullness. I know God puts people in our lives for a reason, and every person I have met and taught on my mission has in return taught me something. The people I have met will always hold a place in my heart, and I can't wait to see them in the temple, and their children serving missions! 

This past week we all committed as a zone to invite everyone we meet to be baptized. Everyone!. And let me tell you, its awesome. More people say no then yes, but it is worth it when you ask 100 and 10 say yes. We have seen a huge difference in the sisters in our zone! They have more courage, and are on fire! I love it! It is the
This is the place!
only way they are going to be able to receive salvation, the only way to receive the mercy of our Lord and to be cleansed through the power of his atonement. We where his name and we have authority to invite all to come unto him, which is only possible through baptism. A scripture was shared with me this week, that I absolutely love, " Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"  (Titus 3:5).  We invite others to be baptized, we are inviting them to receive the Mercy of our Savior Jesus Christ. We think of all the blessings we have of the gospel, and how their are people living in a world with no hope, faith, love, peace and through this invitation they can access all of that. 

Keeping warm!
The gospel is beautifully simple. I have been studying the new testament and my testimony of that grows stronger
This is the place!
as I study the way the Savior taught, and lived.  

Derek is still preparing to be baptized on Saturday the 19th in California! (: 

Well until next week,

I LOVE YOU ALL. 

Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment