Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Week #79 - March 2nd, 2016 -- Visitor Center Missionaries are like snipers!

Hello Family and Friends! 
This cute little girl wanted
to be a missionary


       Well to start out let me explain my subject line, "Visitor Center Missionaries are like snipers... because they got one chance and one shot." This comment was made by a sister in a mission meeting and I love it! Its soooo true! People are coming and going through Temple Square constantly, unfortunately they can't stay forever but its our chance to help them learn more of the restored gospel in that very moment! Sometimes it may be less than 5 minutes we have with them. But we have what they need. We may be the first impression they have with the church or let alone missionaries, this may be the only chance they have to realize we don't practice polygamy hahaha, and most importantly that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored back on the earth today in its fullness! So being a "Sniper" perfectly depicts a visitor center missionary, except our mission is with lots of LOVE for the people we meet! Every person that walks through those gates was sent by God, most of them don't know it though... and thats why we are there.  Sometimes we get to continue teaching them over the phone, other times they head back to their own homes from all over the world more prepared to talk to those 2 young people with the black name tags, excited to tell them they saw the Mormon temple and got a Book of Mormon! (: Temple Square is where miracles happen! 

Michelle's Baptism
   This past weekend we went to Michele's baptism. And our experience with her is a perfect example of that. We first met Rick (member boyfriend) and Michele right when they were leaving the visitor center, we started a casual conversation, because I assumed they were both members, it came up that she wasn't and they started to walk out the exit ...... the first thought that came to my head as she was leaving was "Give her a Book of Mormon!" I asked her quickly if she had one, her boyfriend had already given her one, but it drew them back inside to give us more time to talk about the Book of Mormon! Michele has always had such strong faith in Christ and I felt that as we talked and through out our lessons too. We stopped meeting with her for a while, she still attended through out our lessons too. We stopped meeting with her for a while, she still attended church, but used this time too personally study. We got back in touch and she had a desire to be baptized. I was sooo happy! Gods timing is different yet perfect for everyone. Her baptism was a special experience, her love for the Savior will greatly bless those whom she serves and teaches within the church!
Rick (member boyfriend) and Michele right when they were leaving the visitor center, we started a casual conversation, because I assumed they were both members, it came up that she wasn't and they started to walk out the exit ...... the first thought that came to my head as she was leaving was "Give her a Book of Mormon!" I asked her quickly if she had one, her boyfriend had already given her one, but it drew them back inside to give us more time to talk about the Book of Mormon! Michele has always had such strong faith in Christ and I felt that as we talked and

This week we had Mission Leadership Council I always learn so much and am so excited to train what we learn with the sisters in our zone! We are going on exchanges with all of them this week so we will be busy! 

Sister Goncalves, my brazilian granddaughter!
 (Meaning, The sister I trained,
Sister Eging is training her)
 We look soooo much alike! (:
 I felt a lot like Enos this week.... "And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave (home), having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world. And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen." (Enos vs 26-27).
I probably don't need to explain how this relates in more than one way hahaha. until next week..... have a good one!

Much love, 
Sister Sughroue  

No comments:

Post a Comment