Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #4 - September 22, 2014

It's official I'm here on Temple Square, in the best/ craziest mission in the world! I love it!!!!
Sister Ye & Sister Sughroue

So on Tuesday at the MTC we just all packed up and said goodbye to all of our friends we made. We got lucky because our last Tuesday devotional was an apostle!!! Richard G. Scott came and it was amazing, I was only in the 12th row back, so I got VIP seats, haha. We all stood and sang "Called To Serve," which always gives me the chills especially when there are 1,000 plus missionaries singing. He spoke on prayer, his talk was simply powerful. One of my favorite talks I heard in the MTC. He told us to have a blast on our missions, if an apostle said it, then clearly I will do it. haha

Sister Sughroue & Sister Ye
Wednesday morning we got on a bus and got to the mission office at 6:30 AM. We met with President and Sister Poulsen personally and in groups! I love them! They are amazing, and really care about the sisters here. He knows us all personally, and the Senior couples are awesome because the Sisters give great hugs hahah! Then we got our companions! My Trainer is Sister Ye from China! She is a convert of 5 years (joined the church while going to college in Australia) and is super funny! She is a great teacher and I am learning so much from her! She
Sister Sughroue at the MTC map pointing to her mission
has taught me how to introduce myself and say different phrases in Chinese. We are always giving tours in Chinese, about three a day, which is kind of hard because I obviously have no clue what is going on. But she will translate for me and I always bear my testimony. Even though I don't speak Chinese I can feel the Spirit so strongly, and can tell that they understand by looking at their faces. I know we are companions for a reason and I will learn so much from her!

In our apartment there are 4 girls, the other sisters are so chill! They are both 5'10 so we tease my companion because she is 5'3 hahaha! We all get along really well and love to joke around. Sue and Jim Pulsipher live right above me!

So I know you all want to know my daily schedule.... hahah maybe not but here it is.
Vistior Center Class at MTC

We wake up at 6:30 AM We run in the parking garage for 30 min. We do personal and companion study for 2 hours and then are on the Square by 10:00 AM. We have "Square Time" which is where we proselyte and contact for about 7 hours a day and then we gave different assignments thrown into the middle of that as well. During Square Time we give tours, or do investigator lessons, where the local missionaries bring their investigators to Temple Square and we get to teach them while giving a tour,... these are my favorite!!!! We also have 3 hours of online teaching during the day.  We have 30 minutes to eat lunch and then 1 hr to eat dinner. We bring our food most of the time but we are allowed to go to City Creek to eat..... and yes I've already been to the food court a few times (: haha
MTC Buddies/Elders going to TONGA

 On P-day we work till 1:00 PM, then email, then go shopping then hangout and do what ever! We have Relief Society Thursday Mornings and then Sacrament in the JS building, which is GORGEOUS! 
Sister Sughroue & Sister Tiritilli
I'll be honest, I wasn't sure about how often I would get to actually teach while being at a visitor center, but we are teaching ALL THE TIME.  The Lord prepares these people for us when the come to Temple Square! We  give a Book Of Mormon to those who are interested and get referrals! Everyone we talk too we extend an invitation, and bear our testimonies. On tours I make sure that they feel the Spirit and learn more about the gospel and not just the history. I can't even tell you how many times a day I get to share this gospel, there is always someone to talk too. I have seen people from all over the world, and some very interesting people as well. haha. I have an Investigator!!! 

Named Kyle who got onto chat the other day, he is a college student and is super interested in the gospel and wants to continue learning more from us! We also had a baptism technically my companion only taught her but she got baptized after I came so she said it counts for the both of us, I don't think so, but she gets mad when I say that lol. We have lessons this week so I will let you know how they go! 
Sister Vasi & Sister Sughroue working Mormon Chat!
Serving on Temple Sqaure is like having 200 new best friends. I always see Sister Skaggs, Sister Tiritilli and my MTC buddies. It's great. I get to witness little miracles everyday, which motivates me to keep going. This week we taught a less active couple who came in, we showed them around and ended at the Christus. Where they felt the Spirit so strongly and shared their testimony of the atonement and how they love the Savior. They now have the goal to get sealed in the Temple!!!! So many amazing stories I wish I could share them all. 

It's amazing that as a missionary I have learned to look at those I come into contact with as Christ does, I see that they need this gospel, and that they have the Light of Christ within them. I meet new people everyday, and even if I talk to them for only 5 min, I love them.  I hope all is well at home! 
LOVE YOU ALL,

Sister Sughroue XOXO

P.S. Ran into Brother Woll (Natalies husband), Sue Pulsipher (so sweeet! love that she is here and I get to hug her!) and I saw Aunt Norma too!

SOME RANDOM PICTURES FROM MTC OF SOEUR CARPENTER AND I
Our MTC Name Tags!

Saying Good-bye for 18 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment