Monday, November 24, 2014

Week #13 - November 24th, 2014

NI HAO!  (Hello in Mandarin, I am pretty much fluent now ;)


This is the last slow week on the square!!!!!! The lights turn on the day after Thanksgiving and then it will be packed... Our schedule completely changes too, with different assignments! So excited! Everyone come and see the lights, bring some friends and feel the spirit... it is a great missionary opportunity (; Because of the Busy schedule our Pday will change from 1-9 to 10-6. So all of us can be on the square at night. 
Sister Hansen & Sister Sughroue in the call center


On Wednesday we got to go see the play Savior of the World as a zone! It was amazing. They invited our mission to see it so we could then share with everyone else what it was about! It tells the story of when Christ was born and his resurrection. The spirit was so strong, if you get a chance go see it! It reminds us the true meaning of Christmas. 

Clayton Christensen came to speak to us in relief Society on Thursday. He gave an amazing talk on how Democracy can only function when religion is the basis, because people voluntary choose to obey laws because God will judge us. He told us how important our work here on Temple Square is, with Sisters and visitors from all over the World it is critical that they know they have the freedom to believe in God. It makes me so sad that people do not know that they have a loving Heavenly Father, and he has a perfect plan for us. Our belief in God motivates us to become better and make good choices because we want to return with him again. 

Saturday we got to skype Sun Jia's baptism in Brazil! Awesome! 


So Thanksgiving is coming up and we get to go to a families house in the Bountiful Stake for dinner! Yayyyyyy! Dinner at a families home.... this is really exciting for us Temple Square Sisters, because we cook all of our meals and never get to be at a families home. A home made meal is way better than my cooking... I just can't wait for the pie.  So grateful the faithful  members volunteered to do this! I was reading a talk from President Uchtdorf this week titled, "Grateful in any circumstances". Sometimes we may feel that there is nothing to be grateful for when we are faced with lifes challenges but, we always have something we can be grateful for! You do not need to make a list of things because it doesn't matter how many are on there... it is the attitude of gratitude. When we express our gratitude to God through prayer we are acting in faith.  President Uchtdorf said, "Being grateful in our circumstances is an act of faith in God. It requires that we trust God and hope for things we may not see but which are true.... True gratitude is an expression of hope and testimony. It comes from acknowledging that we do not always understand the trials of life but trusting that one day we will." I love this and know it to be true, I would go on and on, but I would invite you all to read the talk for yourselves! 
Thankful Tom the Turkey in Sister Sughroue's apartment

Instead of making a list of things I am grateful for I would like to share with you my testimony, because this Gospel is why I have been so blessed in my life. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that he came to the earth to fulfill God's plan for all of us. That through him we can repent and become clean again. Because of Christ we can have hope and Light in our lives. I know the power of the atonement is real, I have seen it work in my life and in the lives of people all around me on my mission. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and contains the fullness of the everlasting Gospel, Joseph Smith was a true prophet called of God. I know we are children of a loving Heavenly Father who knows each of us individually he hears and answers our prayers. You are never alone and are never too far gone to change, he wants you to live him again.  I know this is the Lord's work, and I am humbled and grateful to be an instrument in his hands to share what I know with all my brothers and Sisters! 

I hope you all have an great-ful week! Much love! (:

Love, 
Sister Sughroue

P.S. Mom thanks for Thankful Tom... we hung him up and stuck all his feathers on (:

No comments:

Post a Comment