Monday, December 8, 2014

Week #15 - December 8th, 2014

Hello(:

So this was my last week with Sister Ye  she leaves on Wednesday to go to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for her outbound mission. She is going to do awesome! I love her and have learned so much from her. I am done being trained and I found out who my new companion is this morning, we will start together on wednesday. Her name is Sister Chen! She is from mainland China and lived in Australia for a bit too, just like Sister Ye! Hahaha I am excited to get to know her more and start going to work! Just when I thought I might forget my small amount of Chinese I get to learn more! Maybe I will serve a Senior mission in China or something.... ahahaha




The lights at Temple Square!
.


The new transfer means lots of changes, I will be in the South 1 zone and my new Pday is Friday so I get two p days this week! So this email is short but I will  email again on Friday! (: I was praying for that (; I will also be working in Guest services department, and I am moving in the apartment directly underneath the one I am in now. Hahaha 

Here are some Highlights from this week!
Sister Sughroue & Sister Burton, General Relief Society President

Thursday we had Relief Society in the RS Building with the General Presidency and they spoke to us and gave a very nice card signed by all of them to every Sister in our Mission. Such a cool experience to meet in such a historical place with amazing women. 

Saturday, we attended Sarah's Baptism! We helped teach her twice when the Elders brought her to Temple Square! She is so great and we got super close to her! Her example has already brought her family back to church and now her best friends want to meet with missionaries as well. She is going to bring them to Temple Square so we can show them around and help teach them as well! 
Sarah at her baptism.
Sarah at her baptism


Sunday we went to music and the spoken word in the conference center in the morning and then at night we went to the first Presidency Christmas Devotional! We got really good seats and the talks were so inspired. I feel so blessed to be able to attend these special meetings while on my mission! I am so grateful for the righteous and chosen leaders of our church. I know they are called of God and the revelation they receive is directly from God for all of us to hear, so we can be guided on the path of happiness and righteousness.  
Look we ran into at the Christmas Devotional!
The Koford's from Temecula!


Even though the Square is packed with members, we have found people to teach! They are there you just have to be more aware of and follow the spirit! They were led there for a reason and as missionaries we get to help them discover why! Can't wait to teach the awesome people we met this weekend! 

I hope you all have a great week! 

Much love,
Sister Sughroue




My Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment