Friday, December 12, 2014

Week 16 - December 12th, 2014

Hi!!! It has only been a few days since I emailed last but they have been great! My P- Day will be every Friday for this transfer!
Sister Sughroue & Sister Chen
Wednesday was Transfer day so I got my new Companion Sister Chen and we went straight to work! We are assigned to Guest Services and are in there for 5 days during the week for 3 hours. It should be fun, because I am super good at answering phones. lolz. Serving at Temple Square means you have alot of different types of assignments, I have learned that they are all opportunities to serve the Lord and the other Sisters in our mission. At guest services we schedule tours, investigator lessons, etc and assign sisters to those. We also get to answer alot of questions about the Temple and Square which leads to many opportunities to share the gospel! 
Sister Richard from Perth Australia got here! She is a friend from BYU-Idaho we were in the same ward and visit taught each other and now we get to serve together! She is so awesome love her so much! I will send a picture next week.

My new roommates are from California and Switzerland... idk how to spell their names.... but they cook really good treats so this should be great!

Sister Sughroue, Sister Nakayma
(my old Zone Leader on her last day)
& Sister Ye
And now for new Companion Sister Chen... She is AWESOME! She is under 5 feet tall, so everywhere we go people always tell us how cute we are together lol. We just laugh because we know we are(: She is 26 years old. She was born in mainland China and moved to Sydney Australia when she was 11. She is a convert to the church, and is a great missionary! She is so focused and loves the work!  She says super funny and random things, so we get along great. O and She made me dumplings for lunch today.... Whats not to love!!! <3 I am so excited to learn from and serve with Sister Chen! I know the Lord will put people in our paths for us to help and teach. We are trying to help our investigators progress but a lot of people are busy with the holidays and not picking up the phone. They will answer when they are ready for the Gospel!

Last day at Humanitarian Center
with Sister Ye
This morning while reading my scriptures Mosiah 16:9 stood out to me. "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." I love how we use lights to decorate for Christmas, the birth of our Savior. Because he is the Light of our life, his light is endless and can guide all of us safely home to our Father in Heaven. People are drawn to Temple Square to see the lights but really when they come they feel the Spirit and see the Light of Christ! Ahhh... Christmas as a missionary is the best... and I feel so blessed to be on Temple Square!
Have a great week love you all!
<3 Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment