Friday, December 26, 2014

Week #18 - December 26th, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! 
Sister Sughroue

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas(: We had an amazing one as well!!! We decorated cookies Christmas eve and Sister Chen and I rocked our matching pajamas... everyone couldn't stop laughing because of how big I am and how small she is.  
Sister Sughroue 5'11"
Sister Chen 4'11"

Christmas Morning SNOW!
We then woke up in the morning to a day full of surprises!  The first one was snow on the ground..... my companion was soooo excited it was her first white christmas, me on the other hand was praying for no snow. We woke up at 7:30 (the usual time) and opened presents and stockings! Then we made breakfast with our roommates and some other sisters in our hall. So much fooooood.
I got to call home and hear your voices!!! Best Christmas Present ever! <333 O and JACQUELYN CONGRATS ON YOUR CALL!!!! Sydney is so awesome! I convinced some people on the square the other day I was from Australia with my fake accent.... then I told them the truth of coarse. We had a Christmas program that some of the Sisters put together and sang and played music  about our Savior it was beautiful! Then they had us all walk into the South Visitor Center by zones and there were stockings filled with goodies, a byu choir CD and a nice green fluffy blanket with a small SLC Temple on each of them for every single Sister! We are so blessed, the members here are so gracious!  After we opened presents we were back to work on the square by 3pm! A few wards signed up to provide us
Love Sister Chen!
dinner for the night so we came in to our mission office zone by zone during the night to eat! (:
Christmas on the Mission!
So Funny story.... last night we were walking through the south Visitor Center and there was this girl from Haiti reading one of the explanations by the Temple Model so I walked over to talk to her. She said she was a member of the church and just recently got baptized but hadn't been to the temple, so we walked over to Temple Model and I started to explain it to her... she then pointed to her brother sitting on the couch and said I needed to go talk to him because he isn't a member. I started to talk to him and he said he was a member and I  was soooo confused. I didn't know who was lying, he said his sister was not a member but he was laughing so I told him to come with me. We started to walk towards his sister and she started to walk away really fast hahaha but we caught her and she was all embarrassed.  We all laughed and she fessed up to lying and I sorted out the truth that her brother is the  recent member and she is not. We had a good conversation and found out she knows a lot but isn't quite ready to be baptized. So I asked for her number, she started to give me the wrong number... and her brother caught her and said it was fake, she laughed. I looked at
<3 Sister Chen 
her straight in the eyes and said, "I am serious I care about you and want to help you" I bore my testimony to her and promised that this gospel will bless her life just as it has blessed her families already, and I could tell in her eyes that she already knew it was true but she was scared. She then gave me the right number and said we could talk later this week. Just a little lesson to me and my companion to be persistent! haahahaa
Twinning with Sister Howard
 from Australia!

Not any huge updates on our investigators, everyone has been busy with the holidays! 

Nick was baptized and confirmed on Sunday and a Sister Missionary from his branch who spoke at his baptism will be coming to serve a Temple Square in just a few weeks! Such a small world! 

I am so grateful I was able to be at Temple Square during Christmas time. The spirit here is undeniable and we are constantly reminded of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love my Savior and know he lives, I have seen the power of his atonement bless so many lives. This is my favorite part from the Living Christ, "Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God.His way is the path that leads tohappiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son." I know this to be true with all my heart! 

I will send lots of pictures!

Our Sister Missionary Apartment Tree!
Have a great week!
Much Love, 
Sister Sughroue


Sister Chen & Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment