Monday, May 18, 2015

Week #38 - May 18th, 2015

Sister Sughroue hiking in the forest in Virginia
It's a dream come true!!! Sister Kellogg and I are staying together here in the Woodbridge 2nd ward!!! I was praying that I would get to stay if this is where the Lord needed me and YES it is! There was like a 90% chance that I would have left because most Temple Square sisters serve in 2 areas, but I am glad I get to stay here to continue to help the ward and our investigators! Transfer calls were on Saturday and everytime the phone went off I got scared. It was about 9:30 at night and we thought we were safe, and we were right! At church the next day President and Sister Wilson spoke in our ward and the members were thanking them for letting us stay ahahah! 

District Meeting with decorations for
Mormon Prom, Virginia Style!
On Wednesday we had our last District meeting and I gave a training on finding new investigators. It was weird because I am use to talking to only Sisters and this time I was training all Elders..... haha. I was so grateful I got to prepare for it because I learned so much. Sister Kellogg and I made it a goal we would talk to EVERYONE.  This week we found 4 new solid investigators and a good amount of potentials. We are building our teaching pool because some of the people we were teaching stopped progressing. On Saturday we had no appointments....so we knew that meant a full day of tracting.... wasn't super thrilled, but sister Kellogg and I spent 3 hours tracting a whole neighborhood of town homes where we saw little miracles! 2 new investigators from there! And about half way through it we were dying from the humidity and heat and an icecream truck comes on the block... Sister Kellogg had never had it from an icecream truck before so of course we had to get some! Tender Mercies from the Lord! (: hahaha
Ice Cream Truck TENDER MERCY!
 

This week I started the Book of Mormon again. I am hoping to finish it in about 2 months! I can't even remember how many times I have read 1 Nephi but it is amazing how I learn something new everytime. I love how committed Lehi was to the Lord. He took his family and was asked to leave everything behind. But he trusted the Lord. It made me reflect on how I can become committed like Lehi in all that I do, on my mission now but in life always. Following the Lord and being willing to do whatever he asks no matter how Hard it may be, because he has so much in store for us. 1 Nephi 2:20 " And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands." 

Love you all and have a great week (:

Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment