Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week #39 - May 26th, 2015 Ohhhhhhh I'm 1/2 way there ohhhhhhh living on a prayer!!!!

Wait tomorrow is the 27th.... which means I have been out for 9 MONTHS!!!!!  whatttttt?!!!!! Ohhhhhhh I'm 1/2 way there ohhhhhhh living on a prayer!!!! Don't worry I am definitely not trunky, this song just is perfect for the occasion. Sister Kellogg and I actually cried the other day when we realized we only have 9 months left. Its crazy how fast time flies. I feel that I was in the MTC the other day! I know this next half is going to fly by even faster, and I am going to spend it giving all I have to the Lord. It's crazy to see how much I have grown in the past 9 months, and I hope it continues there is still so much I want to learn and become while I am in the Lords Service! 

Summer is here! Here comes the 90 degree days with 90% humidity, which means my hair will be in a bun all day and are just going to have to embrace the sweaty mess look with a bright red freckly face. hahaha eww. Hope everyone had a good Memorial day! We spent the whole day tracting due to appointments falling through but it was awesome because we found some potential people to teach and one is a family!!!! We met the Dad and he really wanted us to come back to teach his whole family so we are excited! Every one was home just hanging outside with their families so it was perfect to talk with everyone, and we get offered water and soda all the time, so we can't complain hahah.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAKAYLA!!!!!  17 is a big one, can't believe you are so old now! 

I went to the doctors this week because my throat has been super sore and swollen. I have some infection, so he gave me a antibiotic and I am feeling alot better now! yayyy! It's because Virginia has the worst allergies this time of the year and I have never had allergies, until I came here!

This week we got a call from the DC South missions YSA Sister missionaries, because their YSA area overlaps with our mission up here in the north. They had a investigator to pass off to us because he is 45 which is not YSA. So we met with them at the church and got to introduce ourselves and get to know him. He is awesome! His name is Marcelus and he is so prepared for the gospel, already been to church 2 times before meeting with missionaries (in random wards because he didn't know where to go) and has started to read the Book of Mormon! We are so excited to teach him, he just glows with this spirit and is sincerely seeking for truth! 

On Friday this week there was a baptism in our Zone and we made it a goal to bring an investigator to come, we
invited everyone but no one could come. It was 2 hours before it started, we were tracting and sister Kellogg and I felt impressed to ask Sarah a 10 year old recent convert if she wanted to come and bring her friends that we do FHE with every monday night! After running back and forth in the neighborhood getting permission from parents and getting a member to take them, we made it!!! She brought 2 of her friends who are also 10, they loved it! Right after the baptism they said, "when can we get baptized? Can we now?" hahaha we told to talk with their parents! They said the felt happy and that was definitely the spirit these little 10 year old girls were feeling. We hope to visit with their families this week to share with them more about the gospel and see what happens from there! 

On Sunday we went over to the Haights for dinner! Their Daughter sister Haight serves at Temple Square and I love her so much! They are in our stake and it was funny to be in the home of another missionary I serve with lol. 

That pretty much sums up my week here in Woodbridge! Loving it out here! The Lord blesses us everyday with oppurtunities to share and strengthen our testimonies! I know he is so aware of all of his children and we go out everyday to find them and share with them his love. 

Have a good week! 

Love you all lots!

Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment