Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week #46 - July 14th, 2015

Sister Sughroue &
Sister Eging
Saying goodbye to
President & Sister Wilson
President Packer's
Funeral
Sister Sughroue &
Sister Skaggs
Hello!
I am back at Temple Square! So great to see the Temple everyday again, its so beautiful! Filled with  Asians, selfie sticks and chinese men creeping up behind us to take pictures with the blonde americans hahaha.  With my new Companion Sister Eging, straight out of the MTC!!!! Full of that Greenie Fire! She is from Centerville Virginia which is pretty close Woodbridge where I was serving outbound. I should have just brought her back with me! hahaha. She is awesome and already an amazing missionary, I feel so blessed to be her Trainer! She went to BYU provo for a year before, is so much fun and hard working! We are going to have a great time together and have already seen many miracles. I am in the East 1 Zone and Sister Skaggs (from Temecula)  is my District Leader hahaha! Crazyyyy i just keep following her in the mission! When I introduced my self in District Meeting I said "Hi Im Sister Sughroue from Temecula and I went to the better Highschool" hahahaha. I've only been back on the square for a week and have already run into 2 families I know from home...... I think serving in Virginia was the longest break I was going to get from that. hahah Just kidding I love it!
Last week on Tuesday I went on a short Exchange  with sister Ketchum my Sister Training Leader before I left for Richmond. It was fun we taught some lessons and just got to soak in my last few hours in Woodbridge! Then a Senior couple drove me down to the mission home where we had interviews with President Wilson and a small Testimony meeting. I am going to miss the Wilsons so much, They are so amazing!!!! We spent the night there and left in the morning for the airport, our flight was suppose to leave at 9:35am but was delayed till about 1pm and then our layover was pushed back.... so we basically spent the whole day in the airport. Finally got into SLC around 7. Sister Polanco and Worthen surprised me by picking me up at the airport (I was suppose to take the trax back) and I screamed I was so excited! It was funny there was a big group of missionaries going home with their families cheering and crying and I just ran over to my favorite sisters and screamed hahah! O and Quintin L. Cook was riding first class in my flight! I walked by and said Hi like 3 times but he didn't hear me because he was talking to his wife.... fail. anyways it was still cool to see him! He was wearing a goofy hat, probably to try to disguise himself. hahaha. Anyways got back to Temple Square and met my new companion Sister Eging!!!! And was just greeted by all the amazing sisters here... its like a Temple Square family!
On Friday we got tickets to the Funeral of Boyd K. Packer. It was a very special experience
to be there and hear the words of his family and our beloved Prophet. The spirit was so strong as we remembered this
Brighton's Girls Camp
loved man and the life he dedicated in the service of our God. We sat on the balcony right up by the Choir so we were really close to the Prophet. Right after that we all changed into Jeans and got on a bus heading to Brighton Girls Camp! We got to go so all the international Sisters could experience girls camp activities! So we repelled, and Zip lined and did bonding activities it was so much fun!
Being back from outbound with a new Greenie we basically had no teaching pool but we saw great miracles this week. On Saturday we set a goal to find 3 solid new investigators, we set out with faith and prayed all day we could accomplish this and we did! One was a couple and the other was a young man whose girlfriend is a member! Which is perfectttt.  Then on Sunday right before music and the spoken word we met Carlos. He basically just fell into our hands, he asked us if he could give us all his information! That never happens! He use to meet with missionaries years ago, and after coming to Temple Square felt the spirit so strongly he knew he needed this. We are so excited to be teaching him!  Sunday some of my favorite Temple Square R.M.'s came back for a visit! (I'll send a picture)! Monday we spent
The Wallwork Family
most of the day covering in the Beehive house which was interesting because we don't serve there but they needed us so we did out best ahahaha. I learned alot! And we found an awesome family to teach who was just cried through out all of the Gods plan presentation, they were so touched that our Families can be together forever. How great is my calling! I love being a missionary!
Have a good week!
Much Love, 
Sister Sughroue
"Sister" Tiritilli, Sister Sughroue,
"Sister" Gee & "Sister" Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment