Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week #48 - July 28th, 2015 "I WILL SURVIVE!"


Crazy Sister's keeping me form
going crazy from being sick!
Thanks Dad!
I survived a week down with strep throat! Weird thats what the blood results came back saying even though that was not what anyone though it was. I feel alot better now, after being on meds! I spent pretty much the whole week at home with another Sickyyy, Sister Sami from Fiji. She is hilarious, and laughter is the best medicine so that helped. My days consisted of sleeping, studying and watching 17 miracles too many times. hahaha. Sister Eging was on exhange with our zone leaders all week, it was sad not being able to work. I really missed being on the square and wanted to work, but now I am healthy and am back in the swing of things.

The Johnsons saved the day and dropped off soup, fruit and lots of good stuff! They are awesome! So grateful!  The flowers Dad sent me in the mail brightened my day!  All the sisters saw a box with flowers and my name on it and of coarse they started freaking out that it was from a boy hahaha ummm no. Speaking of flowers this morning Sister Eging and I were walking to the square, we passed a mentally ill/homeless man on the street he stopped us then pulled a flowers out of the ground gave one to each of us... I was so flattered but then he asked for spare change in return for the flower hahahaha. I  then started to run to the square, we kept the flowers.
Pioneer Day Parade!
Graff Family
Grandma & Grandpa
Pulsipher
On Friday I went to the Pioneer Parade in the morning and back home in the afternoon. I never realized how big of deal it was here in Utah! For good reason too! Our amazing Pioneers deserve a day of remembrance, they had so much faith and sacrificed everything for the gospel. Special to be here at Temple Square and being constantly reminded of their hard work in faith by seeing the Temple and buildings everyday. Words can't express how grateful I am for my ancestors and their testimonies. At the Parade we sat right next to Elder and Sister Perkins of the seventy who just recently spoke to the mission when I was in Virginia. It was fun to chat with them and we took a picture for them to send to the Wilsons! Saturday was my first day back on the square! I saw the Graffs and Sister Eging and I were glad to be reunited! It felt good to be back at work again and talking with people. Sunday I got Surprise visit from Grandma and Grandpa Pulsipher! It
Edler & Sister Perkins
was so good to see them!

The Lord still blessed us with much success this week, despite being gone for most of it. We were a powerhouse as soon as I got back and saw his hand in our work. Sunday night, we had 10 min before we needed to leave the square and we were determined to accomplish our goal of tours on the square for that day. We knew God would put someone in our path, we started to walk across the Square and we met Elizabeth (young girl in 20's) taking pictures of the Temple. We talked with her quickly found out she wasn't religious at all but saw the temple from her hotel and wanted to check it out. We set up a time to meet on monday to give her  a tour. We had a very spiritual tour, focusing on the Savior the whole time. She had never thought before that he died for her.... She said it was like He has always been there right by her but she never knew till now. She wants to know more about him, and how following him will bless her life. I was almost in tears of joy. She felt the spirit, she left now knowing that Jesus Christ is her Savior and has a desire to know him.  This is our purpose as missionaries. Nothing more rewarding in life then helping someone come closer to Christ. I love being a representative of Jesus Christ.
Music & The Spoken Word
With watching 17 miracles many times this week, this quote from a pioneer women crossing the plains is included in it and is so powerful, "I have pulled my handcart when I was so weak and weary from illness and lack of food that I could hardly put one foot ahead of the other. I have looked ahead and seen a patch of sand or a hill slope and I have said, I can go only that far and there I must give up, for I cannot pull the load through it.” [And a wife with a baby in her arms by his side!] “I have gone on to that sand and when I reached it, the cart began pushing me. I have looked back many times to see who was pushing my cart, but my eyes saw no one. I knew then that the angels of God were there.“Was I sorry that I chose to come by handcart? No. Neither then nor any minute of my life since. The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay, and I am thankful that I was privileged to come in the Martin Handcart Company.” [“Pioneer Women,” Relief Society Magazine, January 1948, p. 8]
I know God is by our side, always helping us along the way. Thinking of what they went through, is humbling knowing I
Sister Eging Passed Off
all her tours for the Square...
now for dinner at the
Lion House!
have sacrificed so little compared to them. There steadfast faith will always be an example and a reason to me to keep moving forward. Times of trial make us rely on God and realize sometimes all we have to hold on to is our faith. I am grateful for the time I have had on my mission to become acquainted with God.
With love,
Sister Sughroue

2 comments:

  1. May I get the contact information on Sister Sami? I am a Church Service Missionary at the MTC and met Sister Sami there. Thank you~! Sister Shelley Rampton (shelleyrampton@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I get the contact information on Sister Sami? I am a Church Service Missionary at the MTC and met Sister Sami there. Thank you~! Sister Shelley Rampton (shelleyrampton@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete