Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Week #73 - January 19th, 2016

Hello Friends and Family! 
    
Bountiful Temple!
This morning we went to the Bountiful Temple because the SLC temple is closed for cleaning for a while. It was beautiful, Sister Weidmann were is awe the whole time! We had a great week! The weeks go by so fast because they are so busy! We have found a lot of people this week, the only struggle we have is helping them progress because there is only so much we can do from here... but they will get there! So Last P-day Diana Hoelscher came and spoke to our zone... we were laughing, then crying from feeling the spirit and then laughing again, she is awesome! She encouraged all of us to set a rebaptism date, because every time we take the sacrament we are literally renewing those same covenants and becoming clean again. I've always known this, but after she said rebaptism I thought of how much it means to our investigators when they are baptized and its the same!!!!  Sister Weidmann decided that Sunday was the day, we spent the week studying the lessons in Preach My Gospel just as an investigator would learn to prepare for baptism. We talked about our rebaptism all week.... hahah we were so excited! Sunday came and we went to church, it was different because I was more spiritually prepared. My soul hungered
for the sacrament, and after I felt amazing. This wasn't the only sacrament I had felt like this, but it was truly eye
opening to me, that every Sunday can be like this, its just all on our part! So set a date and prepared to be rebaptized when you go to partake of the sacrament.
We gave a VIP tour this week to 12 Lutheran Pastors and Elder and Sister Snow of the Seventy.... Elder Snow is
Lutheran Pastors &
Elder & Sister Snow
THE Church Historian. Not gonna lie I was pretty intimidated...Sister Weidmann and I were nervous, but it was actually an awesome tour...with the help of the Lord (: It was kind of funny explaining our beliefs with 12 Lutheran Pastors staring straight at us (and you know what their thinking)..... and then I start to tell the History of the tabernacle with Elder Snow staring at us.... I was thinking, "Did I say the right date? O nooooo what if that pioneer story wasn't completely right...." hahaha but after the tour they thanked us! And headed off to dinner together to discuss doctrinal questions.... bet it was intense. They felt the spirit, and have many similar beliefs!
 
President and Sister Poulsen left Thursday, it was a sad goodbye! I went to shake Presidents hand, and he hugged me!!!!! Yayyyy I have waited for that my whole mission! hahah. We welcomed President and Sister
Saying Goodbye to
President & Sister Poulson 
Risenmay Fridaymorning they are amazing!!!! So happy and loving! They already love their new 200 daughters so much!!! President Risenmay use to be a mission President in the SLC south mission, then a member of the Seventy, and now we are so blessed to have him. We have had lots of meetings with him as zone leaders giving him a report on how the mission is doing. He spoke in church on sunday on the atonement, amazing. Seriously felt like I was in General Conference.
On Friday I got to attend Cassandras sealing in the Temple! It was so special to see her and be there for such a special moment. It seems like it was just yesterday we were cheering on the sidelines at Tylers football games. Gods plan is amazing, the Gospel changes lives and makes us happy!!! This Saturday Micah is getting baptized! Sister Vasi and I get to go on exchanges to teach his last lesson!  Tomorrow we have a Mission world
Cassandra's Wedding!
wide conference.... I am excited to learn!!!!!
MUCH LOVE,
Sister Sughroue 
Mosiah 2:41 What to be happy? 
"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

Bob comes to Temple Square
everyday!

Tyler & Sister Sughroue at
Cassandra's Wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment