Monday, March 2, 2015

Week #27 - March 2nd, 2015

My District's badges! (I am the minority!)
Hello!
Well I guess we should start with the news because today we had transfer conference. Sister Sindylkova and I are still companions, New P-day is Friday and I was called to be a District Leader in the South 1 zone! I am so excited to serve and get to know the sisters in my District, I know I can learn so much from them and we can strengthen each others testimonies. We are going to work hard and continue to find all those the Lord has prepared for us to teach and baptize!  We are moving to another apartment complex, to live with the AP's in the "big" apartment, ahaha, because it's the handicap one. We will spend most of our P-day packing, but I am excited because the AP's are awesome and I love them so much!
On Wednesday we received Ipad training from Elder Clarke who is so amazing! He is hilarious and just brings the spirit so powerfully when he speaks.... we didn't even touch an Ipad or talk about how to work them, but soley focused on how we can use them to fulfill our purpose and still be obedient. I
Friends of Sister Sindylkova that texted my mom this picture!
LOVED IT. Everything we learned really will help us not only on our mission but in our future families, the best filter out there is ourselves! My favorite quote we read was, “The gift of the Holy Ghost, if you consent, will guide and protect you and even correct your actions. It is a spiritual voice that comes into the mind as a thought or a feeling put into your heart. … It is not expected that you go through life without making mistakes, but you will not make a major mistake without first being warned by the promptings of the Spirit. This promise applies to all members of the Church.” President Boyd K. Packer.  If we as missionaries are always in tune with the spirit and being obedient then we will have no problem with Ipads. Everything we use them for should be to fulfill our purpose of bringing others unto Christ. We should be getting Ipads with in the next 2 weeks!
O On Wednesday morning before training I took a sister to the Doctors and we saw Sister Kapp, the General Young Womens President in 1984, she came up with the young womens program and theme! So cool she told us all about it and how they presented it to the 1st Presidency!
(Elder) Jordon Smith & Sister Sughroue
Friday,  we went to the Temple! 
Saturday, I ran into Jordan Smith the Elder who baptized Karlie! So good to see him, it was definitely a tender mercy from the Lord because as we started talking we found out that a person he had baptized right before he came home has been struggling lately and that is the same person my companion and I have been helping who called in through mormon.org! No coincidence!  That night   we went to our investigators baptism in Clearfield, UT about 30 min north. Jose got baptized!!! When I was serving in guest services last transfer a member called in and referred him, he came to Temple Square and we gave a tour! He then and got in contact with the Elders and just progressed straight towards baptism. He is so awesome and we have just been there to support him along the way! We are hoping that we will be able to help his family experience the happiness and blessings that come from following Jesus Christ as well!
Sister Sindylkova, JOSE, & Sister Sughroue 


Well I will email again on Friday, double Pday is the best(:

O and I have been out for 6 months!!!! ahhhhh crazy how fast time flies! I feel like I was in the MTC the other day...

Much Love, 
Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment