Saturday, March 28, 2015

Week #31 - March 27th, 2015



Hola!
Me llamo Hermana Sughroue, Soy de California. Me Gustan los donas. Soy bonita pero no hablo espanol. Mucho gusto!
Sister Sughroue with
Gar & Lil Jacobsen
Tengo que irme. Chau! 

Well with conference coming up Sister Polanco has been trying to teach me Spanish.... and I feel that I am way better at Chinese, hahaha. 2 years in highschool and I  barely remember a thing. Whenever we give Spanish tours, she MAKES me say 2 things.... i love donuts.... and I am pretty but I dont speak Spanish. Every one always cracks up laughing at the white girl, It should be useful for conference time. 

Springtime on Temple Square
This morning we got Ipad minis! Yayyyy time for selfies.... jk jk jk. But really they are an awesome tool for teaching, all our pamphlets and videos are on there along with some new gospel apps. It is great to use on the Square when we meet someone and want to share a video or a lesson with them right there! We got them in perfect timing for the new "Because He Lives" video that the Church just came out for Easter! Here is the link to the video on youtube  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqTRSVA1YA

Share it on FB and everywhere. I love this video because it is message we can share year round not only for Easter, Jesus Christ is always with us. We are able to see the evidence of his hand in our life everyday here on Temple Square, but everywhere around too. I know that our Savior Lives, and because He lives we can too, and we can have happiness and joy in this life and the life to come. 

Fountains on
Temple Square
This week while talking to a lady we have been teaching on and off for a while she experienced something very cool. For the longest time she has felt that no one is listening to her prayers because of the lack of an answer. She told us as she was reading in Alma 37:6-7, 
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls. " 

Salt Lake Temple
It really stood out to her that the Lord works by small and simple things,  and this is how greater things come about. She realized she had been so focused on receiving a big answer that she wasn't able to recognize the small and simple ways the Lord was speaking to her. She now feels that someone is listening to her prayers and is making steps of faith. This reminded me of when I was trying to decide to go on a mission, I like I think alot of us wanted a huge answer and I wasn't able to recognize the subtle promptings the Lord was giving me, as soon as I humbled myself and took the steps of faith I was able to see the GREAT things of why I needed to go. I am so grateful for the scriptures and all that they teach us, God truly speaks to us through the words of the prophets in ancient times and today! Which makes me super pumped for conference coming up!!!

Church Office Building
We have been finding lots of new investigators and receiving more referrals lately, so we are praying that these people will be prepared to hear the message! 

The other day we had an awesome miracle, there was this man who walked into the visitor center I saw a few sisters talk to him and kind of assumed he might not be interested but  then he came up to me asked if there was a place for him to pray. I started talking to him and asked about his religious background and he shared that since he came to slc for vacation alot of bad things at home were happening, so he came to temple square to feel peace and good. I explained to him that was the spirit. And just straight up said, "As missionaries our purpose is to teach others about Jesus Christ, and help them feel the peace and joy that come from following him. can we keep in touch with you to help you experience this and learn more?"  He agreed so quickly to give his information, I was like wow! and we will be talking with him later this week! (:
Miracles everyday here on Temple Square(:

I get to go to the General Womens broadcast tomorrow! And then I will be able to attend one session of conference. We are going to hike the "U" right now for our zone activity, to focus on being "U"nited(: I might paint it blue while I am up there..... oooops. I hope you all have a great week, start to think and pray about some questions you can have answered while watching conference! 

Much Love, 
Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment