Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week #53 - September 1st, 2015

Hello(:
Sister Eging & Sister Sughroue
We Love Peanut Butter
The Square is starting to slow down as it is the end of summer.... so sad. I am going to miss the crazy tourists, giving motor coach tours and all the Asians taking pictures with us. 

I feel like every week is full of surprises, and they just get better and better. This week I called Evelyn my investigator from outbound and found out she is getting baptized on the 5th this Saturday! This is a tracting miracle! It all started on a long day of tracting when Sister Kellogg and I knocked at her door! I will be skyping her baptism on Saturday(: YAYYY! I also ran into the Henriksons this week and we went to lunch! They are so sweet, my trek ma and pa!
The people we are teaching are getting closer to baptism! Carlos and his family are continuing to prepare for a week from Saturday! This week we were blessed with meeting a few new people as well, as we have been focusing on following the promptings of the spirit we have truly been led to the elect who are prepared and ready.
Sister Smith & Sister Sughroue
On Sunday morning we walked into church at 7:20am and sat right down as usual.... then we freaked out when we realized that Quintin L. Cook, an Apostle of the Lord was sitting on the stand!!!! He had meetings all day long and our Ward is the earliest so he wanted to come see the Sisters! He spoke at the end of the meeting and after shook all our hands. He spoke to us of how the apostles assign mission calls and he said, "Special, special sisters come to Temple Square, because we feel they will accomplish great things."  He continued to go on and say that, "You are the message" That on temple square we are on front lines and represent the church, how we act, what we say, how we make people feel is all apart of the message we share. That is true no matter where you serve in the world, we all are representatives of the Savior. And are send forth to find those who he has prepared for us. And I know every mission call is divinely inspired. He also pointed out that as missionaries we face rejection, but "You Succeed when you invite, regardless of the outcome, you accomplish what you should do"  We were richly fed by his words, the spirit was so strong and I left spiritually stronger than I came.
So my outbound Virginia Richmond Mission is doing a 5k run  and I asked President Poulsen if we can do one at Temple Square. Sister Eging and I have been meeting with him and the AP's to make this happen.... its gonna be epic. Stay tuned for more details next week!!!!! (:
The Book of Mormon is awesome! I could go on forever of why I love this chapter but I just a short thought... In Mosiah 24 Amulon is persecuting Alma and his people, as they were in time of trial they poured their hearts out to the Lord, they hear the voice of the Lord, and are reassured he loves them. He remembers the covenants they have made, and because of that will deliver them. As we keep our covenants, we are promised blessings from the Lord. This is what gives me so much hope on my mission and in life. That as I continue to do everything he has asked, I have his promise. He is by our side, he knows us, he loves us.
 Mosiah 24: 13-15 "
13 
And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of
My Ma & Pa from Stake Trek
Lisa & Dave Henrickson
good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.

 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."
Much Love, 
Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment