Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week #56 - September 22nd, 2015

Hello (:

Carlos & his family get baptized!
 This morning I was studying Jacob 5, in the Book of Mormon. As I read, it really stood out to me how much the Lord loves all his children and literally grieves for us. He does everything he can to help us return to him. Being a missionary we are
Moses is Back!
now servants for the Lord in a part of his vineyard, we have been assigned to care for and do everything we can to care for it. I thought am I doing everything I can??? We are gathering Israel, this is the Lords work, diligence is key. I know I say all the time that serving a mission is the best thing ever, but it really is. You are able 

to experience true joy! Jacob 5:75 "...And blessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the natural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have joy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard." This week we had many experiences of great Joy with the Lord!

This week Carlos and his family were baptized!!! We weren't able to skype as planned
because difficulties..... the other mission President said no :( and we had to respect that. But we got over it! The most important thing is that they made this covenant with the Lord. We got pictures, and I was just overwhelmed with comfort, happiness, a lil tears! His whole family just glows with the spirit! 

This we week we found in AFRICA. We have new investigators in Nigeria and Uganda. They both just straight up told us
Carlos & his family!
they want to join the church, we are calling them trying to help them get in touch with the nearest church and missionaries. Unfortunately one lives far away from any church, so we are unsure what we can do to help him! But the  Lord will take care of him. 

Rumor has it, the Prophet gets peach pie and ice cream on Thursdays from the church office building Cafeteria. So naturally we took the tunnels their to get lunch in high hopes of seeing him. We even prayed that he would walk in as we were eating... it was time to go and still no prophet. On our way back through the tunnels, we walk straight into President Nelson, Elder Bednar, and Elder Rasband. I guess thats the second best thing to seing the prophet. They said Hi to us!!!! We were all american and had one new zealand, so nothing foreign enough to make them stop and talk. Next time we will plan it out better. hahaha just kidding(:


The Price's stopped by to say hi!
(After they told everyone on the Square
I was engaged to their son! - LOL)
This is my last week with Sister Eging, soooo sad! I am going to miss being with her! She has become such an amazing missionary, and I know she will continue to do great things. We have seen so many miracles together! Transfers are on the 30th!

Sums up my week, hope you all had a good one! 
MUCH LOVE, 

Sister Sughroue

No comments:

Post a Comment