Friday, October 16, 2015

Week #59 - October 16th, 2015

Hello (:

Well amazing things happened this week. I introduced my companion to rubios fish tacos... she fell in love..But best of all we found family to teach!!!! On Tuesday we were walking by the reflection pool and saw this family, I asked if I could take a
I asked President Poulson
if I could be in a trio with
two shortest Sister Missionaries
on Temple Square. He just laughed!
picture of them in front of the temple. After we started talking and found out the Dad is an inactive member is whole life, and the Mom and kids aren't members. He has a strong testimony and knows this church is true, but personally struggles with feeling judged for mistakes in his past.... he wants it for his family so they came to temple square to share more with his wife. She grew up religious, has strong faith, and is super open to learning more. I asked if we could show them around and we ended up having a very spiritual tour! We took them to the Statue of Christ and focused on the atonement to help the Dad, then we went to Gods plan for his family presentation because the Mom was very interested in Temples and eternal families.... after this we tied it all back to the restoration by taking them to the church history museum and watching the Joseph Smith 1st vision experience. It was so amazing. The spirit was so strong and we were able to share so much as they asked questions, and expressed concerns. At the end I was talking to the Dad, he shared with me his testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith and how he knows this is all true. I asked him he wants to go to the temple one day with his family... he said yes, but it will be hard and can only do it with Gods helped. I smiled and promised he will make it there. God will help him. And we want to help them too. We are so excited to share the gospel with this amazing family. They are so very prepared! The new house they moved into is right across from an LDS church.... I told them perfect! Thats no coincidence, God is leading you back. 

This week I have barely seen Sister Rodriguez, I have been on 4 exchanges! we are reunited for pday... then exchange with the zone leaders tomorrow. hahah. I miss her! I love going on exchange with the sisters in my district though. I get to know them so personally. They all come from different countries, with such amazing conversion stories, I was strengthened this week by them! 

We gave Sione and his family a tour on Saturday, then went out to eat! I will send pictures, they are so awesome! He has a
Sione &his cute family!
beautiful wife and daughter! 

BIG NEWS. President Poulsen announced that Elder Holland is coming to speak to our mission next Wednesday morning! We all freaked out! I am so excited!!!! Sister Rodriguez and I already decided we are gonna go an hour early without telling anyone so we can get front row seats! hahah. perks of Temple Square... so blessed. 

This morning while studying I read Mosiah 24:13-15. God loves and is aware of our needs, our trials, and will help us. He will always remember the covenants we have made, and will do his part. So comforting knowing we have his promise, his love and his strength.  We just need to submit patiently to his will, and he will make our burdens light. I love the Story of Alma and his brethren as they are persecuted by Amulon... so much to learn from their experience! Give chapter 24 a read this week!

13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up theirburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
Much love, 
Sister Sughroue 
Sione & his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment